Beijing Institute of Technology is one of the national key universities in China, an open, public, research-oriented university with a focus on science and technology. The 10th university to enter the 985 Project, which started in order to develop 39 Chinese universities that would seek to become world renowned universities.One of the first 15 universities to join 211 Project which established roughly 100 universities to cope with the challenges of the 21st century. Annual research fund in 2011 amounts to 160 million Euros ranking in the top 10 in China.
Received more than 130 national awards of science and technology over the past 30 years, ranking among the top 10 in China. According to the first national program evaluation from 2002 to 2004 by MOE, 1/3 of the programs in BIT were evaluated as national key programs.
BIT is one of the 1st universities to run a graduate school and one of the key universities supported by the central government in each Five-Year Plan since the foundation of the P. R. China. BIT receives considerable trilateral supports and endowments under the agreement signed by the Ministry of Education, the Commission of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense, and the Beijing Municipal Government in September 2000.
BIT is now under the supervision of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.
The University is located in Beijing, and has three campuses. Zhongguancun campus is located near to the high-tech zone “silicon valley” of Beijing, with good transportation links to the rest of the city
The Liangxiang Campus was founded in 2002, 40 km Southwest of Zhongguancun Campus. It covers an area 3 times as the big as the Zhongguancun Campus. Shuttle buses connect both campuses.
The Zhong Guan Cun and Liangxiang Campuses cover an area of 2,708,667 m2.
The Xishan Campus accommodates many large machinery laboratories of BIT.
BIT Library is composed of two main libraries (on Zhongguancun campus and Liangxiang campus separately) and four branch libraries, occupying a total area of over 46,000 square meters. Bright and spacious, the library boasts a seating capacity of 2,477. In addition, it is well equipped with central air conditioners, access control system, burglar alarms and video monitoring cameras.
Over the past decades the library has rapidly expanded its collection of diverse resources, the e-resources in particular. Up to the end of 2011, the library has more than 2.31 million volumes of physical collections, over 2.77 million volumes of e-books and 177 network databases, offering a high-quality and all-round reference system with equal stress on physical collections and e-resources.
Application deadline: September 1st every year
For Language Students
What does the scholarship cover?
- Tuition, Accommodation, living expenses and medical insurance.
- Living allowance: RMB2500 per month
Who can apply?
- Non-Chinese Citizens in good health;
- Age from 16 to 35 (Applicant is currently working in a Chinese language teaching position shall not exceed the age limit of 45);
- For One-Academic-Year Study Students (11 month): a minimum score of 180 in HSK Test (Level 3), and 60 in HSKK test. Alternatively, a minimum score of 180 in BCT (A), and a minimum score of 180BCT (Speaking); For One-Semester Study Students(5 months): a minimum score of 120 in HSK Test (Level 2), and a minimum score of 40in HSKK. Alternatively, a minimum score of 100 in BCT (A), and a minimum score of 120 in BCT (Speaking);
- Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China
- “Chinese Bridge” Winners who have been awarded the 2016 “Confucius Institute Scholarship for Master’s degree Certificate” could apply for admission by offering certificate.
For Four-Week Study Program
What does the scholarship cover?
This Program provides a scholarship for 4-week study which focuses on Chinese language study as well as Chinese culture and Chinese family experience, covering tuition fee, accommodation fee, and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
Who can apply?
- Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 18 and 35, in good health condition.
- Application is open to students from Confucius Institutes (Classrooms) which cooperate with the 42 Chinese universities and excellent performers in HSK/BCT test. Applicants should submit a HSK or BCT score report.
- Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China.
- Applicant should be willing to experience home stay/ home visit in Chinese families.
6. Chinese Government Scholarship-Bilateral Program
7. Chinese Government Scholarship-Great Wall Program
8. Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program
9. Chinese Government Scholarship-EU Program
10. Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Program
Sports at BIT
As a teaching unit, the Sports Department of Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) undertakes the teaching task of all the undergraduates’ sports class. And meanwhile, it has been actively organizing all kinds of mass sports activities, firmly supporting a wide range of sports associations and societies of BIT to hold various activities. The Sports Department is also in charge of the training task and performance of four high-level sports teams, which is represented by the men’s football team. The Sports Department dedicated itself to strengthening the physical education and the construction of sports teacher staff. Now the Sports Department has 38 staff members, the number of professional teachers is 35, among which 2 are professors, 15 are vice-professors and 1 is doctor.
Students can play a variety of different sports according to their interests. Show less