Guangdong University of Technology (GDUT), is a multi-disciplinary university engaging with the international community. In the last 60 years, the university has become a key educational and research institution in Guangdong province in Southern China with a reputation for producing highly qualified and respected graduates. GDUT is a key provincial university of the High-Level University Construction Project of Guangdong Province.
Located in Guangzhou, China's third-largest city, GDUT has several campuses with a total land area of more than 550 acres. The University offers a wide range of courses in engineering, management, arts, economics, science, literature, and law, with major emphasis on the study o. More than 2000 full-time teachers in the University support a student population of over 44,000 attaining degrees at Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral levels. GDUT also enrolls international students and various levels of continuing education students.
GDUT boasts 20 faculties and schools, 4 public courses teaching centers, offering diverse courses in its 85 bachelor's programs, 52 master's programs, 11 Ph.D. programs, and 5 post-doctoral mobile stations. GDUT attaches great importance to scientific research and disciplinary development and has a strong record of achievement. According to a report published by the ESI database in 2017, the Engineering of GDUT is listed in ESI world’s top 0.5% ranking and Material Discipline is listed in ESI world’s top 1% ranking. Since 2014, all the disciplines have been listed in the first batch of undergraduate enrollment in the National University entrance exams. Mechanical Engineering, Information Engineering, Material Engineering, and Chemical Engineering are listed in the “211 Project” Key Construction Program of Guangdong Province. National, province, and local government projects have benefited for years from the contribution of GDUT research expertise. In 2018 funding for scientific research reached 846 million RMB, ranking 40thin China and exceeding 800 million for two consecutive years.
- Furthermore, GDUT is developing an excellent overseas reputation as a valued partner.
- University investments in research and teaching infrastructure include:
- 1.25 billion RMB of equipment and devices to support teaching and research(including 15,271 computers).
- 1.56 million square meters of floor area.
- The University Library has a collection of over 3.77 million volumes and over 2.24 million volumes of electronic journals.
- A network of research institutes, centers, and labs across various fields and in collaborations with major companies and universities in China and abroad.
- Undertake major research across a diverse range of fields.