Founded in 1952, East China University of Science and Technology（ECUST） is located in Shanghai, an economic, financial, commercial as well as a shipping center of China.
- The first national key university featuring chemical engineering disciplines in P.R.C
- One of the state-run and full-time institutions of higher education
- One of the research-oriented national key universities directly regulated by the Ministry of Education of China
- One of the National "211 Project" key construction universities
- One of the National “985 Project” Advantage Discipline Innovation Platform for high-level universities
- One of the first 6 universities in China that have established the National Technology Transfer Center
ECUST devotes itself to develop international cooperation and has established long-term and extensive academic exchanges and joint training cooperation with more than 200 universities, colleges, enterprises, and research institutions from all over the world, including the United States, Germany, Britain, France, Japan, Canada, South Korea, Australia, etc.
It has a strong tradition of working with industries. The university is now developing into a multi-disciplinary higher educational institution with a balanced curriculum of science, engineering, economics, management, law, humanities, and arts spread across 15 academic schools.
The university offers 13 first level and 81 second-level doctoral programs, 25 first level, and 147 second-level master programs and 65 undergraduate programs. The total number of full-time students has reached around 24,140, including 15,460 undergraduates, 7,110 postgraduates studying for master's degrees, and 1,570 Ph.D. candidates.
Since 2007 the university has operated an exchange programme with the Technical University of Applied Sciences Lübeck in Germany. ECUST also operates a joint programme with L'École Nationale Supérieure de Chimie in Rennes and a joint business school with the Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu in Romania. Show less